Principle Product Engineer Sabre
Ken Tabor is a veteran product engineer with years of experience developing consumer-driven products on cutting-edge technologies. A frequent speaker at conferences, and author, he constantly shares his passion for using open source technology.
The past 3 years Ken has been part of the Sabre team building TripCase, a travel product comprised of a mobile website and hybrid apps for iOS and Android. TripCase helps millions of travelers get where they need to go.
This talk is dedicated to helping you use analytics to find out more about your mobile customers through their hardware as well as how they interact with your website. I’ll share with you concrete tactics that have helped me put into practice the Lean UX ideal of build, measure, and learn.
In this energetic talk you will see real-time demos and illustrative slides serving an audience of designers and developers wanting to learn more about their customers. Whether you’re already analytics driven, or simply curious, we’ll take a deep dive into techniques empowering your decision making to rise above your competition.
A brief survey shows how these same techniques work for other applications including iOS and Android native apps, Java backend services, and any connected device. Google Analytics is the focus because it’s within easy reach, and a market leader.
1. How you can transform analytics big data into actionable knowledge better informing your decisions for building and fine-tuning your user experience
2. What can analytics tell you about hardware your users have, what operating systems, and browsers they use guiding where you spend your design and development budget
3. How to code precise user interactions with button and toggle controls on your web page/web app.
4. See how to build a custom dashboard for reporting key mobile-first trends regarding your website, app, and how content serves your users’ needs
5. Quickly survey how analytics can be useful in a backend service, and coded in a native mobile app.